Q: I have a 1993 GMC Suburban and the key will only turn forward like to start. It is in park but the key will not turn back to stop

The key is in the running position, if in park or nutral it will turn forward like to start, but if in any other gear it will not move. I make sure it's well back in park and I can't get it to turn to get the key off. The key is stuck and it doesn't turn to come out. Please help!!

Hello, thank you for writing in. Your key cylinder, or ignition cylinder, has likely failed. They can also get dirty and collect debris inside that may restrict them from working properly. The best option is to attempt to clean it with electrical cleaner (such as air duster), to try and dislodge anything inside of it. If this does not help, the ignition cylinder will have to be removed and replaced. For more help with replacing the cylinder, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have a 1993 GMC Suburban and the key will only turn forward like to start. It is in park but the key will not turn back to stop