Q: I have a 1991 RS Camaro my mother gave to me and it had been parked for 5 years i put a new battery and a starter but wont turn ov

The engine wont turn over

Since the engine has not been turned over for 5 or more years, you may have an engine that is seized from rust in the cylinders or is just a bad starter. You will have to put a large breaker bar and socket on the front crankshaft pulley center bolt and see if the engine turns. If it turns freely, then you have a starter issue. Try to tap on the starter while someone tries to crank it and see if this frees the starter. You will also have to drain all the old fuel and put fresh fuel in. You may have to replace the fuel pump and fuel filter as well. There is a whole long list of components that will need to be replaced or fixed when sitting for a long time. Your best bet is to have a mechanic come and check all the areas to diagnose your car’s turn over problem, and look for any other potential issues for you.

3. I have a 1991 RS Camaro my mother gave to me and it had been parked for 5 years i put a new battery and a starter but wont turn ov