Q: Transmission fluid filter.

I wanted to change my transmission filter and oil .I took the pan off a d there is no filter.is there any kind if tranny filter anywhere in this car? Or nine at all.tbanks

There should have been a transmission filter visible after removing the pan. The filter does not look like the conventional type of transmission filter, there is a filter screen bolted to the transmission. The old screen can be removed and cleaned or replaced if torn. If you want, an in-line transmission fluid filter ca be installed into one of the cooler lines. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look and take care of the transmission filter replacement for you at your leisure.

Hello, thank you for writing in. There is an automatic transmission filter on the vehicle. If it is not present, then it was never replaced last time the vehicle was serviced. It will look like a metal plate that is directly at the bottom of the transmission after you remove the pan. It does not resemble any other type of filter you would see on the vehicle. That being said, there will be some mounting bolts that you will have to remove, and make sure you take it off gradually all at once, so you are not leaking fluid from one side of it or the other, and dumping it on yourself as you are removing it. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Transmission fluid filter.