Q: I have a 1988Dodge D150 with a 5.2 It starts immediately but dies after a few seconds what it my problem?

It starts fine but immediately the injectors stop working and it dies What is causing this?

Hello, It sounds like you may have a faulty fuel pump or a bad connection to the injector harness. As you know, when you turn the key to on, the fuel pump is activated and the fuel system is primed with fuel at a specific pressure in order to supply the fuel injectors with enough fuel to start the motor. When this is less than what is needed in order for the motor to fire or in some cases higher than normal, you may notice an erratic fluctuation in engine RPMs, hard starting or a lack of power when accelerating as the engine may be starved for fuel if insufficient fuel pressure exists in the fuel system. This can happen when the pump itself is not working properly or when the fuel pressure regulator is not maintaining the proper fuel pressure in the fuel system causing the engine to starve for fuel. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your fuel system.

• I have a 1988Dodge D150 with a 5.2 It starts immediately but dies after a few seconds what it my problem?