Q: I have a 1986 isuzu pick up with 2.3L with carburetor it will idle from a cold start but after driving a short distance it will di

I have a 1986 isuzu pick up with 2.3L with carburetor it will idle from a cold start but after driving a short distance it will die with out continuos throttle it's had a complete tune up other than rebuilt carb

A mechanic with an oscilloscope would look at the secondary firing patterns to see if the engine is possibly running lean due to inadequate fuel or a vacuum leak. Without a scope, what you can do is check for a leaking EGR valve, intake manifold leak or leaking vacuum hose, leaking throttle (carburetor) gasket or low fuel pressure due to a weak fuel pump or bad pressure regulator. Fuel pressure should be around 6.5 PSI at idle but your Factory Service Manual will have a precise value. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a stalling diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 1986 isuzu pick up with 2.3L with carburetor it will idle from a cold start but after driving a short distance it will di