Q: I have a 1983 thubderbird turbo coupe that cranks bur wont start. I i know its getting fuel and spark and that the timing is corre

It cranks but wont start i know it has fuel spark and the timing is correct as i had a mechanic do the timing and checked for fuel and spark. It cranks and when i let off of the key it sputters weakly like it is trying to keep going and then quits. What is causing it to not start

Hi Cody. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Although you’re pretty confident that your engine is getting fuel and spark, what is unknown is whether or not the fuel system is properly mixing air and fuel. The symptom you’re describing is commonly caused by an over-rich situation. This typically indicates that the mass air flow sensor or restricted air filter could be the source of your problem. I would double check your ignition components (especially the coil) to verify everything is connected correctly. *EDIT - I noticed your T-Bird is turbo-charged - so you might want to inspect the turbo for proper air flow.

3. I have a 1983 thubderbird turbo coupe that cranks bur wont start. I i know its getting fuel and spark and that the timing is corre