Q: I have a 1980 Chevy Silverado.it is not getting gas to the visible fuel filter before the carb

My first thought was the mechanical fuel pump so I changed it and installed a new one and I'm still not getting any gas through to the filter or the carb

My truck has 1200 miles.
My truck has an automatic transmission.

Hi There, If you just installed a new mechanical fuel pump, your problem may be related to not having enough vacuum to pull the fuel through the lines. Disconnect the line going from the tank to the pump and apply vacuum, just as if you were siphoning the fuel. Once you get fuel to the pump, reconnect the line. This is rare but sometimes mechanical pumps will not prime themselves. If you need further help with this, please reach out to us here at YourMechanic as we are always here to help.

3. I have a 1980 Chevy Silverado.it is not getting gas to the visible fuel filter before the carb