Q: I have a 1979 Chevy 454 big block will it fit in my 1989 chevy

I have a 1979 Chevy 454 can I put that motor in my 1989 Chevy 3500 will everything bolt up my transmission excetra

Hi there:

In regards to actual fitting issues, it should be good, as long as you use the flywheel that mounted to the original transmission. However, you’re most likely going to have issues with fuel system, and electrical systems matching perfectly, especially if your 89 was fuel injected and the 79 engine is carburetor powered. There would also be throttle linkage problems, EVAP system and other emissions component problems that typically pop up when this type of engine swap is completed. Make sure to purchase a full service manual for your 89 Chevrolet before completing this service.

3. I have a 1979 Chevy 454 big block will it fit in my 1989 chevy