Q: I have a 07 Tiburon and showing a code for the camshaft position sensor bank 1. Is there more then 1 camshaft sensor?

I have an 07 Tiburon and it throwing a code for the camshaft position sensor bank 1. Is there more then 1 camshaft sensor?

The engine in your vehicle is an overhead-cam V6. That means there are camshafts on both sides of the Vee, so to speak. One side of the Vee is considered bank 1, and the other side bank 2. The typical position with a transverse-mounted engine and transmission like in your vehicle would be the front three cylinders you see when you open the hood are considered bank 1. The three cylinders facing the firewall would be considered bank 2. If the sensor for bank 2 has never been replaced, then you should assume it is the same age as the bank 1 sensor. Once verified that the bank 1 camshaft position sensor is at fault, you may want to consider replacing both bank 1 and bank 2 sensors. If they are the same age, the sensor for bank 2 may fail a short time later. Replacing them at the same time, would save you time and costs later.

3. I have a 07 Tiburon and showing a code for the camshaft position sensor bank 1. Is there more then 1 camshaft sensor?