Q: I have a 04 Sebring it leaks water and transmission freezes over what would be the cause

Leaks water and transmission freezes up

Assuming your car is leaking water from a different location than the transmission, it sounds like you may have two potential issues. The first being the water leak could come from a couple of different locations.

If this is coming from somewhere directly underneath the center or rear of the motor, this may very well just be condensation from the A/C which is normal and is not a cause for concern. If the water is coming from anywhere near the radiator or cooling system, then this could be a problem and the cooling system should be checked for leaks to be sure the thermostat is working correctly. As you may know, this regulates the flow of water through the cooling system.

I am not sure what you mean by the transmission freezing over, but in some cases transmission problems can be fixed by having the car’s computer reprogrammed to recalibrate the transmission shifting points. To have all of this checked, consider having an expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your vehicle’s location to diagnose the water leak and guide with repairs.

3. I have a 04 Sebring it leaks water and transmission freezes over what would be the cause