Q: I have a 01 Aurora that hasn't had heat for a year but it always ran at perfect temp until now, although it's not red lining.

Bought the car year n half ago had heat first cpl days then went out, but car ran at perfect temp until now although it's not red lining but is running well hotter than should be. So my question is do you think it's thermostat issues?

A: There could be an issue with the thermostat...

There could be an issue with the thermostat in the car and that is the first place you will need to check when trying to repair this problem. Also, check for signs of a failing or worn water pump that could possibly cause this issue. Sometimes, dirty antifreeze can cause clogs in the coolant system, causing no heat and overheating conditions.

I suggest that you start by getting the thermostat changed and flushing the antifreeze. If you need assistance, get a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to replace the thermostat and flush the cooling system for you.