Q: I have 92 model landcruiser prado with2.4 2L TE engine, I want to ask either I can istall ABS brake sytem to my truck?

1. Can my braking sytem be modified to ABS ?
  2. Gear shifting occured at much much higher RMP.
  3. I cannot achieve more than 80 km/H even at plain roads.

Regards

Taqi

Hello. Yes you can convert older vehicles to ABS. But it requires a lot of parts patience and labor for a conversion to be successful. Most people will just buy a car with ABS instead of trying to convert an older car to abs. To convert a car to ABS you would need a lot of new brake lines, proportioning valves, a stand alone ABS computer, ABS tone rings, wheel speed sensors and an ABS pump. Most time when doing an ABS conversion you have to take the car to a machine shop so they can properly install the ABS tone ring and speed sensors because the measurements have to be precise to a fraction of an inch or the system will not work properly. Also if your dashboard does not have a factory ABS light you will have to add one so when something goes wrong the ABS system will alert you. You may have an issue with your transmission being that your vehicle will not go over 80 kilometers an hour. I suggest you have your vehicle inspected by technician. Good Luck!

• I have 92 model landcruiser prado with2.4 2L TE engine, I want to ask either I can istall ABS brake sytem to my truck?