Q: I have 1996 Camaro and want to change the motor

I was wondering is it possible to use a fwd 3.8 out of 2000 or so model Chevy impala and use other motor to exchange parts I need? My 96 Camaro is needing that motor but it has same 3.8 v6 engine. and if it will work what all in detail do I have to change or do to make it work in my Camaro?

Hello there, the 3.8 engine from your 1996 Chevrolet Camaro is an entirely different engine from the front wheel drive 3.8 engine. The engines are similar in displacement and size but with one being for the Camaro and the front wheel drive engine facing the opposite direction many of the parts are different. In this case, your best bet would be to go with a motor with the same year and model if you can find a good one.

3. I have 1996 Camaro and want to change the motor