Q: I have 16 valve stem seals and then 15 other little things

I have 16 valve stem seals that came from a head gasket kit. It also has 15 button looking things. What are the button looking things?

The valve cover on your engine is held on by 15 bolts. In certain applications, grommet seals, 15 of them, were used along with the bolts. However, rubber grommets were used as seals in only certain applications. Upon disassembly if you do not encounter rubber grommets, that simply means they were not used in your application and, in that event, you can therefore safely discard these 15 grommets. If you have further questions or concerns, or need assistance with the repair, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have 16 valve stem seals and then 15 other little things