Q: I had to change all 4 tires

i had all 4 tires of my car changed, i told the dealer that i could hear humming coming from the front of the car they checked and advised that my tires are cupping that i should change my tires, i went to americas tire they agreed that they are cupping so they changed it but upon asking why it happens they said it could be wheel balancing issue or my cars struts need replacing. how can i tell that my struts need replacing and how do i check for them.

The noise you hear is most likely from the cupped tires. The cupping is caused by a poor alignment. I would suggest having your alignment checked to make sure it is to specifications. Have the alignment completed before getting any new tires to prevent any further tire wear issues.

If you’d like a second opinion or need some help with the inspection of your cup tires, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can do so at the vehicle’s location and suggest a fix from there.

3. I had to change all 4 tires