Q: I had the oil changed friday. Tonight the oil pressure gauge was all over the place and it said low oil pressure.

What do you think happened?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Oil pressure issues can occur for several reasons. If the oil pressure is low, there is likely a clog, bad pump, or issue with the filter. Most filters have a bypass that will cut the filter out of the system if there is an issue. The filter should still be checked as it was recently worked on. The new oil may have also dislodged debris or buildup inside of the engine and caused a restriction in flow. You will want to make sure the correct engine oil was also used. This can be verified by contacting the technicians that performed the service. They should all keep logs of what was used. If all of these things check out, then you will want to look into replacing your fuel filter. For more help diagnosing the low oil pressure, contact our service department.

3. I had the oil changed friday. Tonight the oil pressure gauge was all over the place and it said low oil pressure.