Q: I had a problem with my brakes where wheels would lock up and front right tire would smoke. I was told that I would need to repai

To replace entire brake system including the master cylinder, I was quoted over 1300 for replacement. The problem that I had was the tires locked up while driving and the right front passenger tire started smoking. I was advised that my whole brake system needs to be replaced including the master cylinder. In your opinion what is a fare estimate?

It is not a matter of a fair estimate but a correct diagnosis. If you are having the right wheel locking up you may need calipers, pads, rotors, and brake lines. I do not suspect you would need the master cylinder unless you put the wrong fluid in the system. I have see this before. Get a second opinion from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your brake system. That way you will get two different quotes for comparison.

• I had a problem with my brakes where wheels would lock up and front right tire would smoke. I was told that I would need to repai