Q: I had a fuel pump put in and they didn't undo battery does my car have a shout off switch my car turns over

My car won't start the mechanic didn't undo my battery when he put a fuel pump in does my car have a shout off switch

Unless your vehicle was modified, there are no shut off switches in your car. The ignition switch is basically the "master switch". Normally, the battery is disconnected when performing repairs on electrically powered equipment on the vehicle and that would include repairs on the fuel pump. Disconnection, of course, is done to prevent short circuits. To diagnose your no start problem, be sure that any engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated, thus preventing the car from starting. Then check for the characteristic, but momentary, whirring sound from the in-tank fuel pump at key "on". If momentary fuel pump operation is not detected at key "on", check for battery voltage at the pump wiring harness at key "on". If no voltage is detected, that circuit has to be diagnosed to find the fault. If the pump does operate, check fuel pressure in fuel rail. If fuel pressure is within factory specification but there is no injector operation, the injector circuit has to be traced to find the fault. If the fuel system is OK, that means the cause of the no start lies elsewhere in the ignition or air induction systems and such includes a whole host of essential sensors. If you desire that a certified mechanic resolve this promptly, please simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get the problem diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.

• I had a fuel pump put in and they didn't undo battery does my car have a shout off switch my car turns over