Q: I got my van inspected it passed but once I started driving g the service advance trac light came on never happened before

I just got my van inspected it passed but once I got in it and drove away the service advance trac light came on which it never did before

A: Hi there: The Advance Trac/Traction Contro...

Hi there:

The Advance Trac/Traction Control Light is designed to let you know the traction control is on or off. You could see it on in a variety of ways. In most cases, the light will come on while the system is in use; like if you’re spinning the tires on snow or water. The light will be on with the words “off” underneath it when the driver turns it off. Sometimes the button will be pressed on accident which will illuminate this warning code. If the button is good, you should contact a local mechanic to have them complete a service light inspection to see why it’s currently active.