Q: I got into an accident the other day and I missed my turn and when I went to pull into a drive to turn around it was like I really

I got into an accident the other day and I went passed my turn on the gravel road I have driven on for 17 yrs and it was like my car didn't turn but just tipped over in the ditch . Could this be caused from a wheel speed sensor.I noticed the last time I took my car to my mechanic at the bottom it said I refused to have this fixed which was not true I was not even told about it . Could this have an effect on the control of your car? What they did fix was a crankshaft sensor. I am one of those people who if u tell me it needs to be done I would say fix it and that is what I told them except they did not say anything about a wheel speed sensor.

A: The wheel speed sensor does not have anythi...

The wheel speed sensor does not have anything to do with the vehicles ability to turn. The wheel speed sensors help to control the traction control and ABS systems. When they detect a wheel speed beyond what the ECU knows that it should be they engage these systems as a safety measure. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform a thorough safety inspection on your vehicle and lead you in the right direction for repairs.