Q: I get P0013 and P0014. Should I take to dealer? What should I expect?

Still drives with no noticeable problems. Check Engine light is on and off intermittently but staying on for last several days.

Hi, thanks for writing in. Both of these diagnostic trouble codes refer to the exhaust camshaft position sensor. There could be a problem with a camshaft position sensor, or the system that controls the timing of the exhaust camshaft. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. I get P0013 and P0014. Should I take to dealer? What should I expect?