Q: I fixed the crankshaft sensors and cam sensor and it's still pulls up the crankshaft code can it be my ecm

I replaced my crankshaft sensors and my cam sensor on my 2004 Impala 3.4l and it's still pulling up the crankshaft code and when it gets hot it's hard to start till it cools down then it starts could it be my ecm

You will need to monitor the crankshaft sensor input to the ECM to see if the signal is correct or going away when it gets hot. This is caused when a sensor is not producing a strong enough signal or when the sensor is too far away from the sensor ring.

Perform the test and also make sure the sensor is correctly positioned as close to the sensor ring as possible. This engine had two types of sensors for this year. There is one on the side of the engine block and another behind the crank pulley. Make sure that the pulley sensor ring is not bent and the pulley itself is fully seated.

If you need some assistance with these checks, consider contacting a qualified mechanic who can diagnose the trouble code and make the necessary repairs to your vehicle.

• I fixed the crankshaft sensors and cam sensor and it's still pulls up the crankshaft code can it be my ecm