Q: When I drive my car for about ten minutes, the gas pedal does not accelerate anymore, non of the gears work.

i drive an opel astra.. when i drive my car for about ten minutes, the gas pedal does not accelerate anymore, non of the gears work. my car is n automatic. when i turn my car off for a while. i can drive my car for a short time, but then again no acceleration.

Hi there. There seems to be an issue with the ignition switch on your vehicle. The engine should shut off when the key is in the ’OFF’ position. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you troubleshoot the ignition switch and related electrical circuits.

3. When I drive my car for about ten minutes, the gas pedal does not accelerate anymore, non of the gears work.