Q: I drive a 3 diesel surf, automatic transmission. It's hard to gear shift, especially in the last gear.

my car has a hard gear shift

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. Harsh shiftin...

Hello, thanks for writing in. Harsh shifting with higher mileage 4Runners may be caused by throttle position sensor faults or miscommunication with the transmission controller. Re-learning between these 2 components will help. Harsh shifting can also be caused by a faulty shift solenoid in the transmission. For an issue like this, it requires service by a reputable transmission shop. If you’d like a second opinion, consider having one of our mobile technicians come to your location to diagnose your shifting issue firsthand. Best of luck.