Q: I drive a 3 diesel surf, automatic transmission. It's hard to gear shift, especially in the last gear.

my car has a hard gear shift

Hello, thanks for writing in. Harsh shifting with higher mileage 4Runners may be caused by throttle position sensor faults or miscommunication with the transmission controller. Re-learning between these 2 components will help. Harsh shifting can also be caused by a faulty shift solenoid in the transmission. For an issue like this, it requires service by a reputable transmission shop. If you’d like a second opinion, consider having one of our mobile technicians come to your location to diagnose your shifting issue firsthand. Best of luck.

3. I drive a 3 diesel surf, automatic transmission. It's hard to gear shift, especially in the last gear.