Q: I don’t think I should be wearing out tires this fast

I had completely worn through the factory-installed tires on my 2009 Ford Focus by the time it hit 27,000 miles. Now I am at 38,000 miles and the replacement tires are wearing extremely unevenly once again! I thought that the previous problem had been due to the stock tires being of poor quality but now I suspect there is something wrong with the suspension. I've had this car aligned more than once, so now what can I do?

I will assume the tires that you replaced the factory tires with have all the same wear ratings as the original equipment. If they are all equal, then you have a problem with the alignment being out of specifications due to loose wheel bearings or other suspension components out of adjustment. I recommend that you have your tires rotated and pressure adjusted every 3,000 to 5,000 miles, check all wheel bearings and repair as needed, and have a 4 wheel alignment performed. You can have a certified mechanic from YourMechanic come out and perform these inspections at your home or office.