Q: I don't know if the mileage is correct

Hi there, I have a used 2007 Volvo s40 that I want purchase from this dealership. They claim the mileage was on 95K kms and then the odometer had to be replaced because is some floodgate/cluster problem not reading (or something like that). I test drove the car (not that I'm extremely experienced) and it was fine, smooth and broad like a 2.4L engine. The engine looks pretty much brand new when you open it. The body itself is pretty much still beautiful and pretty much no dents and stuff. The mileage is sitting at 209K kms when I drove it but they claim it was 95kms before they replaced it. Is that possible?

They claim before I purchase it, they can restore it to its correct mileage.

From Concerned inexperienced purchaser

Before you purchase this vehicle, I would have a certified technician inspect the car to make sure that everything checks out. It is not legal to tamper with the odometer and if you have a mechanic look at it, then they may be able to find problems and any tampering with the speedometer or odometer for you. This can help you with making your decision on the purchase. If you would like to have this done, a YourMechanic technician can come to the vehicle’s location to conduct a pre-purchase inspection on the vehicle that you’re interested in.