Q: I don't know if I have to change my lock cylinder or the whole ignition switch - the car isn't starting and the key doesn't come out

My car is not starting no crank or any other sound I hear a sound in the fuse box and nothing happens I checked the battery and it is in good conditions

Hi there. It sounds like you may have two concerns. If the battery has tested good, then the next step would be to check all fuses and relays and replace as necessary. Then a voltage drop test may be needed to eliminate a possible cable resistance concern, but it may ultimately be the starter not engaging. If the key is not coming out of the cylinder, then the cylinder and key may need to be replaced. It sounds like the internal tumblers/key is worn. I strongly suggest asking a qualified technician to perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. YourMechanic has several available technicians who can assist you with a car does not start inspection and key will not come out of the cylinder inspection.

3. I don't know if I have to change my lock cylinder or the whole ignition switch - the car isn't starting and the key doesn't come out