Q: I don't have a key for the trunk and I would like to put in a new lock.

Want to change trunk lock I don't have a key and the trunk is locked I need to know how I can pop the lock out and put the new in
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hello. Replacing the trunk lock cylinder an...

Hello. Replacing the trunk lock cylinder and key requires removing the trim on the inside of the trunk lid to access the cylinder. Once the trim or carpet on the trunk lid is removed, you can access the trunk lock cylinder from behind for removal. You will have to undo the linkage between the lock and the trunk latch before the cylinder can be removed.

If the trunk is closed, then you should be able to open it using the cable operated mechanism. Also, keep in mind that the trunk may not open for reasons besides a bad cylinder, such as a linkage or latch issue. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the cause of the trunk not opening and suggest the needed repairs.