Q: I don't even know where to start with this one...

i just bought this car from a friend. she said sometimes when she was driving her headlights would slowly dim nd the battery seemed 2 b slowly dying. she bought a new battery nd alternator nd had 1 of her friends put it in. that didn't work nd she gave up so I bought it. i looked it over nd ended up running a new ground for the alternator. after that i fully charged the battery nd it started, idled, nd drove fine. i drove it 2 work across town nd home again after work twice with no problems. then i drove it 1/2 hr to another town. i parked it nd was inside visiting 4 awhile. when i went 2 leave it wouldn't start so I got it jumped but very shortly afterwards it died while idling. I got it jumped again but when it started 2 putter out i pressed the gas with no response. i couldn't get it to take another jump after this so it has been sitting since. I've been pondering possible problems but Im just not sure so figured id throw this out nd try for some answers or suggestions.

What you are describing, although vexing, probably has simple and limited causes and thus for your own sake, that is to get the car in usable condition and running, I just encourage to have a certified mechanic diagnose the car and get it fixed properly and permanently. You may have If you are doing it yourself, this is how to proceed: Prior to performing diagnostics be sure you have a fully, 100% charged battery installed (do not rely on jump starting during the diagnostic) that passes a load test. Then, confirm that the engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated thus preventing the car from starting. If the immobilizer system is on, you may see a security warning light. To temporarily override the immobilizer system, see these instructions. With a fully charged battery and the immobilizer system off, if the starter motor does not operate at that point, either there is no power to the starter motor, hence the starter circuit would have to be diagnosed, or the starter itself is bad and it would be replaced. On the other hand, if you do have a fully charged battery that is powering a starter motor that is turning the engine over rapidly, at sufficient RPM, but the engine does not catch and run OR the engine runs but dies out immediately, that means that there is an ignition, fuel, air induction, or mechanical fault in the engine that will have to be pinpointed during diagnostics and repaired. Be sure there is adequate fuel in the fuel tank and that the fuel is NOT old (old fuel will not run an engine). Check for adequate fuel pressure (does the in-tank fuel pump whirr momentarily at the instant you turn the key to the "on" position?; if not, you have a dead fuel pump), injector operation, and a spark at the spark plugs. If the simple checks I have outlined above do not result in the car starting the recommended service to request is a no start diagnostic during which the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I don't even know where to start with this one...