Q: I definitely have a power steering fluid leak. What kind of charge would I expect if the transmission does not need to be removed?

I definitely have a power steering fluid leak. I add 1/3 quart of fluid every 2-3 days. What kind of charge would I expect if the transmission does not need to be removed?

Before it’s possible to give a proper estimate, it will be necessary to determine exactly which part of the system is leaking. The figure could vary widely depending on whether you simply have a bad return hose or a leak in a mechanical component . You can easily have this checked out by contacting your mechanic for an inspection. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your power steering leak and give you an estimate for repairs.

3. I definitely have a power steering fluid leak. What kind of charge would I expect if the transmission does not need to be removed?