Q: I cleaned the EGR valve but I'm not sure if it is working now

Ok so today i pulled the EGR valve cleaned it up and checked the diaphragm and everything seems to move freely and the diaphragm seems to work fine from what i checked but after i drove 30 highway miles and got home i wanted to check the diaphragm to see if it was working so i pressed in the diaphragm and it stalled the car. I'm not sure if that is normal and means everything is working or not. I did not rev the engine up to check though