Q: I changed out the top motor mount twice. I still have vibration. Could it be the lower motor mounts?

I changed out the top motor mount for my v70 04 volvo. I still have vibration. How can I tell if the lower motor mounts need to be replaced? I bought the car used about 3yrs ago.

To check for engine-mount problems, you can try shifting from "neutral" to "drive" and back, while the engine is running. If the vibrations disappear or reduce dramatically in "neutral," it’s likely that you need new engine mounts. Whenever there is excessive engine vibration, be sure to first rule out engine operating conditions. For example, rough running at idle can be caused by faults in the air induction system as well as the ignition and fuel systems. If you want the running condition of the engine evaluated by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a rough idle diagnostic. To evaluate the motor mounts, request an engine vibration diagnostic. If you do end up replacing additional motor mounts, genuine OEM mounts are recommended in order to maximize the chances of resolving the problem. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I changed out the top motor mount twice. I still have vibration. Could it be the lower motor mounts?