Q: I changed out my starter but now I think it's not disengaging took it off went to test it they say it does disengage what else c

My car stopped clicking over changed out the battery still didn't click over change out the starter clicked over twice then car stayed on with a loud grinding noise I cleared out the codes after I cleared them I tried to turn on the car and no click went to the relay and jumped it from there now it turned on but the grinding noise is still there and still will not turn on with the key and something killed my brand new battery

3. I changed out my starter but now I think it's not disengaging took it off went to test it they say it does disengage what else c