Q: I changed out my starter but now I think it's not disengaging took it off went to test it they say it does disengage what else c

My car stopped clicking over changed out the battery still didn't click over change out the starter clicked over twice then car stayed on with a loud grinding noise I cleared out the codes after I cleared them I tried to turn on the car and no click went to the relay and jumped it from there now it turned on but the grinding noise is still there and still will not turn on with the key and something killed my brand new battery

It sounds like you have three issues: a possibly faulty battery, a no start condition, and noise on starter engagement. The condition of the battery can be verified through a load test. If the battery checks out OK, once you get the vehicle running, be sure to check the charging circuit output at the battery posts so you can assure yourself that the battery is being properly re-charged when the car is running. Starter grinding noise is due to either an internal failure in the starter or improper alignment of the starter on the transmission bell housing. Sometimes starters have to be shimmed. If the alignment of the starter is OK, and there are no faults with the starter ring gear on the flex plate, typically the starter is replaced if there is grinding noise.

As far as the present no start condition, re-check that after you are sure the battery is fully charged. With a fully charged battery, if the starter motor does not run that signifies an electrical problem in the starter circuit or a problem with the starter motor itself. If there is power to the starter motor and yet it doesn’t run, the starter is condemned and replaced. Alternatively, if there is no power to the starter, or there is a big voltage drop anywhere on the circuit to the starter, then the circuit has to be traced until the fault in the circuit is found. Notably, faults can include high resistances, due to corrosion, wire strand breaks, or loose terminals, which can only be diagnosed using a voltage drop test. Regardless of what the underlying cause of the no start condition is, if you desire that a certified mechanic resolve this promptly, please simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get it diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.

3. I changed out my starter but now I think it's not disengaging took it off went to test it they say it does disengage what else c