Q: I changed my own brakes but now i have to press the brake pedal harder for it to brake.

Well, I don't really know how to describe it.

A: Hi there. It sounds like there is something...

Hi there. It sounds like there is something binding. How did you press the caliper pistons back into the calipers? The piston can shift and become stuck and will not operate properly. Were the brake pads hard to get into the mounts? The pads could be stuck and forcing you to press harder on the pedal to engage them. A slide pin could be sticking and producing the concern. This is definitely a safety concern and I do not recommend continuing vehicle use until the problem is resolved. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts and a safety concern. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a brake safety inspection.