Q: I changed knock sensors on 2002 avalanche which also has after market Whipple charger .now it idles at 2000 rpm could it be the IA

I changed knock sensors on 2002 avalanche z71 with 5.3 l .which has a Whipple charger on it. Now it idles at 2000 rpm .I have cleaned throttle body that had no effect .what else can I do to correct this problem?

Hey there:

Anytime you install an aftermarket power adder (like the Whipple), it’s common for tuning issues to occur. If your increased RPM happened right after replacing knock sensors, it’s very possible that a vacuum line may have been removed and not secured; as this can cause an increase in idle RPM. It’s also possible that you simply need to adjust the idle manually. If you had a professional mechanic install the aftermarket Whipple charger, you should probably contact them to see if it’s something they should look into for any warranty issues.

• I changed knock sensors on 2002 avalanche which also has after market Whipple charger .now it idles at 2000 rpm could it be the IA