Q: I change my brakes

I changed my brakes today they're all brand new it came apart easy and went back together easy but yet when I got in the car I tried the e break and it did not work the pedal went to the floor no grout I push down on the brakes no grab

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2002 Nissan Frontier. The rear brake shoes need adjusting when new ones are installed. You want them to have a slight drag on the drum when turned by hand. The parking brake uses the rear brakes so improper adjustment will result in little to no parking brake. It is always a good idea to bed the brakes or break them in. They will improve in performance over time due to the surfaces shaping themselves to each other. Refer to the factory service manual for more detailed description of brake bedding and rear brake preset. If the problem persists, enlist the help of a certified mechanic to inspect the brake system and assist you with any needed repairs.