Q: I cant get all the air out of my radiator i changed thermastat and everything but my top hose gets rock hard i open bleeder let pr

Top radiator hose gets rock hard I open bleeder to let pressure off I've replaced everything on the cooling system and it seems that no coolant goes threw hoses I have heat can a bad radiator cause all my problems it's the only thing I haven't change oh no blown head gasket either I had it tested

If you have changed the thermostat and do not have circulation through the system you may have a blocked radiator or your water pump fins are gone and will not circulate the coolant. These vehicles have issues with both of these. Feel the radiator fins up and down the radiator to see if you feel cold spots after the vehicle warms up. If you feel cold spots even though the temperature gauge is hot then you have a clog. Replace the radiator then retest the system for flow and replace the water pump if it still does not flow. Finally make sure you did not put the thermostat in backwards. If you need help diagnosing the overheating issue call a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to check it out for you.

3. I cant get all the air out of my radiator i changed thermastat and everything but my top hose gets rock hard i open bleeder let pr