Q: I cannot turn my key in my ignition. The key is not stuck, just unable to turn.

I put my key in the ignition and some lights turned on but I cannot turn the key over.

A: Hi there. Sometimes, the steering wheel loc...

Hi there. Sometimes, the steering wheel lock places undo tension on the ignition lock cylinder and moving the steering wheel, side to side, will allow the lock cylinder to turn. The key may be excessively worn and another key may work. Do not have a duplicate made of the worn key. The dealership should be able to cut a new key, using the VIN (vehicle identification number). The ignition lock cylinder tumblers may be worn and replacement is required. I recommend having your vehicle's key won't turn be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.