Q: I cannot shift the gears after stopping at a toll gate on a highway

While cruising on a hi-way and you stop in a toll Plaza and all of a sudden you can not shift the gear due to the clutch pedal not able to push down. So we park the car for 5 mins and suddenly I can press again the clutch pedal and we drove again the car. What is the main reason of the problem? We change the primary clutch and it is still the same.

A: Hello. If you’ve recently had service compl...

Hello. If you’ve recently had service completed to replace the clutch pack, the issue may be with the one of the two cylinders that supplies fluid to activate the clutch pedal. The clutch pedal on your vehicle operates using hydraulic fluid pressure, via the clutch master and slave cylinders. If your pedal is sticking, then it may be possible that the clutch master cylinder has failed or is going bad. The slave cylinder may also be the source of your clutch pedal issues. The best way to determine this is to have one of our local professional mechanics inspect your clutch onsite to determine exactly what’s causing your vehicle’s troubles.