Q: I cannot find the torque specific to add a strut bar

Trying to add the bar but need the specs

A: Assuming you are referring to the top 3 12m...

Assuming you are referring to the top 3 12mm nuts, these should be torqued to 14-20lbs. These are very delicate, so use caution when tightening.

Q: Front brakes seizing up and over heating

Hello. It sounds like you may have some contamination in the brake fluid or a brake master cylinder that is not releasing properly. I usually check the fluid first. I do a few tests on the fluid to see if...

Q: can a passenger assist handle be installed on the A pillar like on the 2012 explorer xlt?

It may be possible to mount the grab handle on the a pillar, however, it would require modification to the a pillar panel, and welding a nut to the 'A' pillar for the handle to attach to. This is not...

Q: Driver seat broke and basically collapsed

Greetings! Thank you for writing in about this problem. The welds on the seat brackets may have broken. This seems to be a common problem in this generation of Forester. A professional mechanic from YourMechanic can diagnose what failed and...