Q: I can't start my car after running out of gas I took it to dealership and they said it wouldn't hook up to the diagnostic machine

I ran out of gas and car would crank but not start. Even after I put more gas in. I took it to a dealership and they said it wouldn't hook up to a diagnostic machine. And they don't know what it could be. No one can figure out what is wrong w it.

Hello there, you have several issues going on with your 2007 Nissan Xterra. When a vehicle runs out of gas like this, it can cause the debris built up over time in the gas tank to clog the fuel pump filter preventing the vehicle from restarting. If a scan tool cannot be connected to the vehicle there are a few common faults the DLC fuse is blown, a wiring harness fault, or a failing engine computer module. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your vehicle’s starting issue and the scan tool hookup making any repairs required to resolve the issue.

• I can't start my car after running out of gas I took it to dealership and they said it wouldn't hook up to the diagnostic machine