Q: I can get the car to unlock when I click the button and when I try the key in the door, it groans and doesn't move.

The lights don't flash when I click the unlock button on my remote which makes me think the car battery is dead.

The door locks on a vehicle will unlock with a voltage above 5 volts. The groaning sound that you are hearing is the door lock actuators trying to operate as you move the door lock cylinder manually. Try starting the vehicle. If there is no lights in the cab and no lights on the dash, then the battery is dead and needs either charged or replaced. Once the battery is good in the car, then you will need to check for a parasitic load on the battery. To do this, remove the negative (-) battery cable from the negative (-) battery post and put a digital meter on the terminal and the post that was disconnected. Then see if there is a voltage present. If there is a voltage present, you will need to pull one fuse at a time and operate everything in the cab one thing at a time until the voltage goes away. When the voltage goes away, then that circuit is in need of repair. If you need further assistance with your door locks not working properly, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I can get the car to unlock when I click the button and when I try the key in the door, it groans and doesn't move.