Q: I bought a used car and it has names and numbers saved from, I’m assuming the prior owner. How can I delete those numbers ??

I bought a used car and it has names and numbers saved from, I’m assuming the prior owner. How can I delete those numbers ??

If prior owner data is saved in a vehicle phone system, or the vehicle has any personalized settings, the best way to erase all of that is by using the procedures in the vehicle Owner’s Manual. More than likely the Owner’s Manual is on the Internet. Just use a search string in Google like "2016 Chevrolet Malibu Owner’s Manual" and the Owner’s Manual will come up as a .pdf file. Of course, insert your actual year, make and model in the search string. If you need further assistance on this right at your location, or have maintenance or repair needs, please request service. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. I bought a used car and it has names and numbers saved from, I’m assuming the prior owner. How can I delete those numbers ??