Q: I bottomed my tahoe out leaving a parking lot, now its making a whining noise. what could I have done? will it be expensive?

Title pretty much explains it. I feel like the innards just got jumbled around and it needs some tightening up done here and there.. Any thoughts?

Hello, There are a number of things that you could have damaged when bottoming out the vehicle. As you know, the transmission sits very low to the bottom of the vehicle, particularly the transmission fluid pan which may have been damaged causing it to leak transmission fluid. If this is the case, a transmission that is low on fluid will produce a whining sound. The other possibility may be a damaged engine oil pan which is also at the bottom of the motor and may have been subjected to damage. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic com to your location to take a look at your Tahoe to inspect the damage.

3. I bottomed my tahoe out leaving a parking lot, now its making a whining noise. what could I have done? will it be expensive?