Q: I believe my oil gasket is out, would that cause my transmission fluid to drain also

My vehicle was stuck in sand while I tried digging out my friend was in driver seat. He would try and go it was going but it started to smoke so I had him stop the vehicle. I let it sit for 30 minutes and I got in to get it out which I did and drove home. When I parked after a bit I noticed a puddle under vehicle. I checked my oil n transmission both were low.

A: From what you’ve described, some of the san...

From what you’ve described, some of the sand may have gotten into the external oil seals of the transmission and engine. This can cause the seal to get damaged and fluid to leak out. I would recommend having the fluids refilled and then let engine run to see if oil is leaking before you drive it. Try to pinpoint where the fluids are coming from if it begins to leak again. If you need some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose the leak firsthand for an accurate repair.