Q: I believe it has a blown head gasket how can I tell for sure and the oil smells like gas when you take the spark plugs out that s

I know it has a Cadillac converter problem it was glowing red and smoking you know that and the the oil smells like gas when you take the spark plugs out they have gas smell in oil on them

A: Hey there. You may have a fuel system that ...

Hey there. You may have a fuel system that is flooding the engine with fuel due to a a bad fuel regulator or a stuck open injector. Pull off the vacuum line to the fuel regulator on the duel rail and see if fuel comes out of it when you turn on the key.

If you do, then replace the regulator and change the oil and filter. If no fuel comes out, it is designed without a vacuum line. Check the fuel pressure to see if the system holds pressure after you cycle the key. If you lose pressure, then you have a stuck open injector and will need to locate which one or replace all three and change oil and filter. The converter may just be clogged by the excessive fuel. It may need to be replaced. If you would like to have this looked at, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect this situation and let you know the proper adjustments.