Q: i beleve i hear grinding from my drivers side front wheel. i can only drive 60mph before my vehicle starts to drive rough.

my vehicle started to have this issue a few months ago. I do a lot of highway driving 40miles round trip. at slow speeds I don't have a lot of drag but I do have some. on highway driving anything over 57mph and I feel as though my wheels might fall off. I don't go over 65mph at any time for the same fear. do I need to replace my wheel bearing or could there be something else wrong. my tires and air pressure are as they should be. the rubbing or grinding sounds seem to be coming from the drivers side. when I make a turn I don't notice any change in the sounds whether they are coming from the left or right side. I had the passenger side changed 3 months ago. I was told that bearing was bad and did get to see it.

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in. This is m...

Hey there, thanks for writing in. This is most likely a bad wheel bearing. When a wheel bearing is bad or worn out, it will make this type of grinding sound. If you need to have this repair done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to replace the wheel bearing for you.