Q: I am working on a school project and need help picking the right size piston.

I am working on a school project and have a black metal pipe with a 2.5" or 63.5 mm diameter. Now, the pipe will be standing up vertically will have water inside of it and I am trying to use a piston to push that water up from the bottom of the pipe. To do this, I have a bottle jack attached to the piston, which will essentially push it and hopefully the water all the way up. However, when i fitted the piston into the pipe and put water in from the top end, it all leaked out from the bottom. I feel like I may have ordered the wrong sized piston. I ordered a 63 mm piston with 0.25 bore dome rings. Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix this problem? Do I need a different piston?

3. I am working on a school project and need help picking the right size piston.