Q: I am having trouble finding an oil pan gasket for this vehicle.

The guy installing a new oil pan said i would probably need a mew gasket as well. I cannot find any oil pan gasket for 2003 pontiac sunfire. Does this vehicle have a gasket on the oil pan? If so, how can i get one?

A: The lower oil pan on your Pontiac Sunfire d...

The lower oil pan on your Pontiac Sunfire does not use a gasket but a 2mm bead of silicone sealer all the way around. Do not over apply sealer or you will cause sealer to get caught in oil pick up screen. The GM part number for the sealer is 12346286. You could also use an equivalent like Permatex Ultra Grey. If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home and ensure a proper replacement of your oil pan.