Q: I am having Mitsubishi Lancer box. Engine sounds well,Car is pulling well, not much smoke but some time engine oil is dippin

Engine sounds well,Car is pulling well, not much smoke but some times engine oil is dipping to low so I have to top up also Radiator has no leak but water is some how draining.. I have a doubt that the water is getting in to the engine bay through radiator main hose. Am I correct. Please help me on this to what should I do ?

Hi there:

A quick way for you to know if coolant is leaking into the engine (most likely caused by a blown head gasket) is if you check the oil and it’s milky or extremely diluted. Also, if you’re engine is frequently overheating, and you get a lot of white smoke from exhaust, this is also an indicator of leaking coolant into the engine. If your vehicle has more than 300,000 miles on it, it’s possible that the oil consumption is caused by valve guides or piston rings that are worn out. You might want to have a local mechanic complete a oil level is low inspection to determine what’s going on with your Mitsubishi.

3. I am having Mitsubishi Lancer box. Engine sounds well,Car is pulling well, not much smoke but some time engine oil is dippin